Saturday 18 April 2015

My Experience In Tonga

Well there are a lot of things that you can experience at Tonga. But for me there was two things that I had experienced which was going to the palace in Tonga and seeing my grandpa and knowing that he was still strong and he was still trying to fight his sickness. Well I will start with going to the Palace. When you go to the place you can't go in wearing normal clothes you have to wear traditional Tongan clothes before you head inside the palace. When I had walked into the palace with my cousin beside me it was so amazing because we could see things from way back in the days and we could see a lot of tapa things. We walked to the front and I thought that we had to sit down and wait for the king to take us to the princess but no he told us to go to the 6 room upstairs and she would be there. When we went to room six she was sitting there folding her clothes and then after she finished folding her clothes we went to the king and he gave us things to do and that was amazing having to work for the king. After we finish doing things for the king we sat down at the kitchen table and we had a feed. Then me and my cousin left the palace and ran to my aunty and uncle's house and told them about what we did and they were happy we did something good that day. Then a few weeks later I went to go and meet my Grandpa his name was Hala and he was still trying to stay strong. When I went to go sit down next to my grandpa he was so happy because he saw me and the rest of the family surrounding him then he said " Well I have never had all of you guys come here all together" Then I said " well we all need to see how you are doing and we need to have a bit of family time" . Then my aunty said " Dad we I got told from the nurse that you are not healthy any more" Then he said " I know that I am not healthy but I can still try hold on to my life for a little more". Then when we were all sitting there all talking to each other I got up and went to my grandpa and said " Grandpa why did you not tell us before that you were not healthy" then he said "I did not want to tell anyone because you guys were all ready in so much like when Nana Losaline past away and that was a big moment for you guys so I deicide to not let anyone know" then I had said " Oh well I hope that you will stay with us more longer and let us know that everything is okay Grandpa" then he said " Yes I would let you know if there is something wrong". Then I got up and Made him some food and then left. I really was hoping that my grandpa would stay longer with us but when my aunty said that he was not healthy I was so shocked and I just sat there I did not want to cry because he looked really well to me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Mele,

    I am really tearing up for this post. Both in happiness and in sadness. Happiness because WOW! You went to Tonga...without most of us knowing.,..hmm...but sadness because goodness, I haven't had the feels since...well, almost three hours, but I seriously hope that what happens next, you'll break through the wall of...I can't really describe how to get through this type of situation.

    And the ending, though...oh, gosh, Mele...are you alright? The last posts in the month have been rather saddening. At least you made the best of this experience. Hope you had a great time in Tonga, almost away from the cold places of New Zealand.

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete